Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal health information about you directly form you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include; your name, date of birth, address, health history, record of your visits to the Georgian Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic and the services you received during those visits.
Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits us to do so. We make sure that only those people who need to see your personal records are allowed to look at them. We protect your information through our administrative policies and by adopting appropriate safeguards and security measures.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Health Information
We may use or disclose your personal health information to:
- Communicate with your various health care providers and or other health care institutions for continuity of care, in order to treat and care for you, unless you tell us otherwise;
- Plam, administer and manage our internal operations, and conduct risk management activities;
- Conduct quality improvement activities (i.e. sending client satisfaction surveys);
- Teach, conduct research (only under strict rules overseen by a research ethics board) and compile statistics;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
We can ensure you that only those who need your personal health information for direct care or administrative purposes are authorized to access your record of personal health information.
A client\’s instruction cannot prevent us from recording information that is required by law, professional standards or our practice.
To Access or Correct Your Information
If you believe a record of personal health information held by the Georgian Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is inaccurate or incomplete, you may make a written request for correction. Please contact Kevin Linnen, Clinic Director, Georgian Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic One Georgian Drive, Barrie, ON L4M3X9 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Comments or Concerns
If you would like more information or have questions or concernsabout our privacy and information practices, please contact Kevin Linnen, Clinic Director, Georgian Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic, One Georgian Drive, Barrie, ON L4M 3X9 or at email@example.com
You may also make a complaint about our information and privacy practices to the Information and Privacy Commissioner at:
- Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
- 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
- Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
- Tel: 416.326.3333
- Toll-Free: 1.800.387.0073
- V1: Auguest 18, 2011